Search This Blog

P1790 A fish out of water


It's just my thoughts, that's all I've got,
I feel like a fish out of water.
My feckless luck, this life is fucked, 
Postpone everything to later.

An embarrassing failure, the usual lure,
Of a life that feels fulfilling to me.
But it's fallen apart, don't know where to start,
I want clarity but I can't see.

Shallow naked greed, a terrible seed,
We are all on a dire brink.
The road is long, just one last song, 
Need everyone to really stop and think.

I feel sad for the world, then sad for me,
The images haunt me every hour. 
I feel my pain, I imagine their strain, 
The emptiness everything devour.

Lies multiply, a forlorn sigh,
Paranoia looms unaware. 
There are eyes, looking up at the sad skies,
People letdown everywhere. 

I sit here heavy with worry, 
Just wistful about my past.
A time travel, grains the size of gravel, 
Against a memory aghast. 

Lonely and old, my story has been told,
By characters that never lived a life.
I repeat in my defeats, all ugly feats 
A horrible past and present strife.

The haze is fierce, the daze has pierced, 
Whatever little ambition I had.
Drown the dissent, patience all spent, 
I feel I'm going mad.

The people crowd around, senseless sounds, 
They all have an inkling. 
Climb and clamber, sweat and anger, 
Who wins another useless thing. 

The foundations cracked, the minds hacked, 
People living desperate lives.
Their eyes locked on a flickering screen, 
Another agent in a soulless hive.

Can't really articulate what's there, 
People argue over a mirage.
They just see, what they want to see,
Can't bother their bias to budge.

The race is rank, the air is dank,
I don't feel like I want to talk my thought. 
It's my mind I come back to, it's true, 
It's really all I've got.

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...