Search This Blog

P1286 Linger on




These are but imaginary monologues
Nothing have I to say to you
It's in passing that grief retrieves
Whatever I imagined as true 

A peaceful corner of my mind
Where your memories dwell 
The sweetest and fondest 
That my harried senses can tell

You painted my pathological bumbling 
With rainbow pastels from your mind
Tinted my monochrome sorrows when
With your eyes you smiled

Once a fix for my frail nerves 
I owe a lot to your sense
I wouldn't have survived at all
My miserable menacing fence

I'm sorry entropy happens to me a lot
My world's eternally upside-down 
I wish I had you, my cross-eyed "Pills"
But your feelings had long left the town

When the whole world's unkind 
When kindness is a worthless scruple 
Even memories of harshness 
Become fond and supple

But I'm broken beyond any fixing 
Alarm clocks playing hell's chime 
I'll be well past the spheres that matter
It's just a matter of time

I'm not that happy spirit anymore 
I'm so dead inside 
But few memories linger on
Offering their fantasy ride

And in one of these rides 
I'll succumb to the assurance and die
I want to feel preserved in your thoughts 
When the fire makes you cry

If the floating wafts of soot
Remind you of me
My heart was never for sale
And never will be

I was once and always did 
In my mind roam free
My feelings for you were pure
The unrequited fantasy tree

It'll perhaps never be said 
By a faker the way I said 
Or what I said or what I meant 
Will forever die when I am dead

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...