Search This Blog

M56 looking for a job


For people such ordinary as we, I see only ennui. The mediocrity is not a sticker but in the spine. Try you might, but it stays on. Very few get to play the snake and ladder game; most just wait for the accursed dot on the dice. The games are rigged where you're born, and then rigged some more by what you can do, and then some more by the rolling of the usually unfair dice. The whole point of a civilization is to minimize chance and let talent and effort make, but we're still an ape just who looks in the mirror and thinks he's all that when he's not.

Time for the dice again. I’ve ventured into the wild, tortuous, and whimsical world of LinkedIn! It’s a land of endless possibilities, meaning it starts but never ends. Where connections are "so plentiful" , and job opportunities are "so hidden," you end up aging fast. Well, I'm 48, unemployed, and still looking, except now, because of my mom's health, I have to upgrade my monthly earnings to more than what a Calcutta street hooker makes an hour. I pine for grander things, but life puts handcuffs on me. 

You get the picture. And I can't sit for any more tests at 48 or sit through meaningless certifications or lie about reality just to fit in. I'd probably end up not getting a peck and being more annoyed than before; old age does that to you. I can't even prove I was in the United States for so many years, which is usually the only thing that seems to get people to notice any merit in a bag of human male skin; that passport is with the goons in Hyderabad, although I have another one now.

In my previous lookouts, I’ve encountered fraudsters. Especially my last experience where I ended up working really hard on myriad projects, all for nothing. And now I'm just bitter about everything. I worked long hours thinking it would come to something. The world is full of as captain haddock used to say bashi bazhouks. Historically, a bashi-bazouk was a type of irregular soldier of the Ottoman army, known for their lack of discipline and order, often compared to mercenaries or bandits. They were notorious for being particularly unruly and were not paid regular salaries but were expected to live off the land, which led to them having a reputation for plundering and robbing local civilians. So be warned many bashi bazhouks with smiley faces that exploit people. 

Anyway, at the sprightly age of 48, I’m ready to dive into new adventures, sans the entrance exams and the myriad of certifications.

My spirit soars high if it finds the right people, ready to explore uncharted territories and make a splash in the professional world! I’m a bundle of joy, wrapped in aged human skin, eager to spread conditional positivity. 

Let's see...and (in case you discriminate) 
I am dark complexioned 
Indian (east) Nationality 
Bengali ethnically 
Bachelor (divorced without kids) 
Heterosexual 
Atheist 
Political: no affiliation whatsoever 
Short height
Fluent in invectives 

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...