Search This Blog

P2690


Although I've sketched a future in some of my posts that seems to indicate things may be bleak, but the truth is, I don't know. The future is always a prediction based on models; that's what artificial intelligence essentially does under the hood, a statistical prediction in an ensemble chaos universe of random starts. A weatherman would understand. I am not a soothsayer but I'm emotional; I just react to personal events and circumstances in the country and around the world. When I feel less overwhelmed, and I feel more optimistic about life, I try to write about some of the positive experiences or what has worked in my life that might help others.

One thing is clear to me: India has some brilliant minds that are dying for want of nourishment. And although this post may not reach everyone I could inspire, I'm hoping that someone will deliver the news. The point is that it doesn't matter what caste you are, what your vernacular is, how old you may be, what religion you practice, or how much money you or your family have; if you understand how quadratic equations work, no one can take that away from you. I feel so sad when I see brilliant kids polishing shoes on the footpath in Kolkata. Or a girl that can shame an MIT mathematics undergrad working in a brothel. Our education system is meaningless if we can't bring education to everyone or provide opportunities. 

The point is, there's no such thing as a dull boy. If you're not interested in a topic, your brain won't be focused on it. We are forced into a vocation not because that's what we want to do but because that's what we ought to do, and even that through a corrupt process. Be curious. Don't ever be intimidated by a syllabus or the ignorance of those around you. 

You don't need to go to a good school to learn. Learning is inside the head. No matter where the student physically takes his body, the brain still sits immersed in darkness, and it is the brain that gets enlightened. You have to be your own tutor, and you have to understand.

The only reason you may not enjoy a painting is when your eyesight is blurry. You can't focus when you're not able to have a crisp focus, whether it's a page, the screen, or a face. Try it. Once that comes into sharp focus, your brain will start paying attention.

Every lesson is a pyramid. If you leave holes in a layer and try to skip to the layer that's on top of it, you now have two imperfect and fragile layers in the foundation. When you read a book, if you come across a word you don't understand, look it up and figure out what it means. There's no point in just flipping pages.

The world outside is as good as what you can build in your brain. Try to take an audio book, close your eyes, and try to visualize whatever is in the narrative. This is essential in establishing the visualizer as well as the articulator in the brain to cooperate in comprehending life.

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...