Search This Blog

P1730 Alcohol


I say cheers, don't like beers,
I go for the strongest hooch downtown. 
My liver is dead, alcohol in my head,
The bartender is a scowling clown.

My life isn't all that, I've grown morbid fat,
There isn't anywhere to go.
I know hookers by name, they're all the same, 
Another night, another ho.

My shit smears my ass, grumbling gas,
I snore like ten tigers on fire.
Who would have thought, here now this spot,
A shell soulless and so tired.

I don't want to live, nothing I have to give, 
Life's a meaningless quixotic errand. 
I want to sleep, no promises to keep, 
Brittle the mind that I don't understand.

Profligate my fate, when luck was in spate,
But those are days left behind. 
There's only twilight, the bar's dim lights, 
Doesn't help to illuminate at all this mind.

The fingers splayed, the knife game played, 
I'm still waiting for a careless miss,
The pain in my mind, by being unkind, 
Is more than a mere scarlet kiss.

Carrying a cargo, regrets and sorrow, 
The jealousy of pretend friends. 
The stabs are clear, they are with me here,
Bleeding to no consequential end.

I feel like a spastic spook, a repentant crook,
Who doesn't remember his crime.
All I can say, before the parting day,
I haven't spent a very good time.

People trying to be funny, waxing honey, 
It's sad how low they can stoop.
Louder are the fools, for money they drool, 
Capitalism's rancid poop.

Ordinary every way, ordinary everyday, 
Climbing a mediocre ramp.
Nothing to inspire, no creative fire, 
A glum gray drawing a bitter blank.

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...