Search This Blog

P1552 No longer...


No longer the cheerful chap I used to be
In a deep mental sinkhole, 
The songs have all dried up inside,
I wear the scars on my soul. 

I can hardly afford a meal now,
Quench my hunger with tea,
A muttering mad man left alone,
On the cliffs of his insanity. 

No one wants to hear,
The forlorn dreary fate
Quiet and quieter still,
I have imploded of late. 

Millions of keen advisors, 
Billions of bad patronizing advice, 
A treadmill carried on balloons, 
To crash just a prick suffice.

Plodding along an unobserved life,
Floundering in the twilight gray.
Miserable circles around the sun, 
Milestones of frenzied decay.

I used to be quite good looking, 
A face morning bright, 
Now an apocalyptic shadow,
That presage much blight. 

I scribble my thoughts down,
Waves arriving carefree. 
The ocean of words and images, 
Is all that's left of me.

Honestly, honesty is a bad bet,
Just a ruse I fell for,
If I could rerun my life,
Would have other costumes wore.

The world rich soil for the larcenous crops, 
Sheer mindless deceit galore, 
Everything good I've tried to do,
I've retrogressed more and more.

But life's all about staying alive, 
To realize that fictions are made up.
Need to thrive on the side that works,
There's no measuring cup.

An imperfect life is better than none,
That's the most important thing,
First a human without the hubris, 
Everything from that always spring.

I wish to end this life, 
But the imperfections keep me alive, 
Don't know when my time ends,
Or how pathetic that demise.

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...