Search This Blog

P1303 It's me


It's me, but I'm disfigured 
I'm no longer that bright shiny chap
A wispy emaciated reclusive spectre 
That's fallen through the cracks 

Maybe you can tell 
The faint painted smile 
A vestige of the artifice 
The once indispensable guile 

But I'm corroded, both inside and out
This is how I look now
A collage of smoky squiggles 
Concealing a furrowed brow

I was a shadow when I was alive 
I'm the same way now
The dioramas have reconfigured
And so has the slippery "now"

Time has stopped for me
I no longer participate in its passage 
The world doesn't move at all now
Sticky pain of impotent rage

In my broken reality 
Harsh shadows, pencil thin
Jagged edges, deceiving ladders 
Roads that go nowhere bend in

I've murdered me, my soul is dead 
Truth too harsh to confide
The hollow stares from empty sockets 
Are wistfully torn inside 

I cannot tell how I loved life
At times a romantic spell
I cannot tell what dreams I chased
Before the forlorn bell

But now I'm dead
I guess there's no going back
I'll haunt eternity till the end of time
Darkness drips on my neck

A black spider spins its black web
The threads are made of dark 
Trembling in the middle is my guilt 
My skin's now a hideous bark

I can't feel my skin when I touch 
I sit in this omniscient gloom
The hollow empty soulless echoes 
Portend the all pervading doom

There's no escape
The walls are caving in
I can't move, paralyzed
Quietly I give in

And drown in the silence of stopped time
I wonder how the non-existence will be
Perhaps a rebirth, I see an orange blob
A fire extinguish what was once me



Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...