Search This Blog

P1220 Brushing Teeth


I brush with a twig 
A stem from neem 
I'm a brahmin vegan 
I'm totally green 

The goddess, river ganga
I worship her everyday 
I also defecate in the puddle 
That joins her right away

I get the irony 
I'm  bathing in shit
When I'm drinking this water
It's got the poop in it

But I live with contradictions
My conscience insecurely lit
The only luxury is the fiction 
I've got to have faith in it

It's this pervasive ignorance 
That keeps me alive 
Books are dense and heavy 
Minimum rupees five

This river will be a trickle
After the glaciers melt this year
I guess they'll say ganga died
You can't shit here 

It's a calamity waiting 
I'm not sure we can avert
Cripples the bowel movements
I can only fart

But I'm worried 
It won't be just me
Billions will drink piss
What a crisis it'll be

Starvation will be mandatory 
Famine not very rare
Gods will move overseas 
They don't really care 

As the water dries up
There'll be no food
The economy will be fucked 
Just very bad mood

The trickle will show the feces
There'll be rotting bodies now
It'll smell like fart everywhere then
Will eat the holy cow

I don't know, why I get these thoughts 
When I'm brushing every morn
Surely it's just trivial worries
Or I've got intestinal worms

Featured Post

NEW WEBSITE suvroghosh.blog

I won't use blogger anymore, posts can be found at suvroghosh.blog . I'll see everyone there. I'm building it the way I want to ...